I love giving handmade gifts! With this baby bib pattern and matching burp cloth, you can make a new baby or shower gift in no time! You can never have too many of either. These are quick to make and can both be made out of one fat quarter.
Materials(for 1 set)
1/4 yard woven cotton (a fat quarter is perfect!)
1/4 yard terry cloth
1″ piece of Velcro
basic sewing supplies
1. I pre-wash all of my fabrics for these. Print and cut out the baby bib pattern. I like to print it on card stock. Fold your fabric and trace the pattern on the fold. Cut.
2. When you unfold the fabric, you can use the rest to make the burp cloth. You can make it any size. I usually cut them 10″ x 16″. Place the fabric on your terry cloth and cut around the edges so that both pieces are the same size.
3. Place the Velcro as shown on the right side of each piece. If you are using no-sew Velcro, iron it on according to the package directions.
4. If you are using sew-on Velcro, use a piece of Wonder Tape to hold the Velcro in place and sew on.
5. Pin the two pieces, right sides together and sew all around using a 1/4″ seam allowance and leaving a 2″ gap at the bottom.
6. Carefully clip wherever there are curves or excess bulk.
7. Turn right side out. Use a pencil or point turner to help. Press and sew the gap closed by hand.
8. Top stitch around the whole piece. Press and you are done!
I like to make a few of these at a time. For this gift, I made a coordinating baby blanket. Of course, you could get fancy and add ribbon, appliques or rickrack.
If you don’t have time to make your own, you can also buy them in my shop!